Monday, August 26, 2013

Big Belly Go Down

This weekend started off slow with only a few commitments and ended in a fury of "oh crap, school starts in a week and we need to do .....(fill in about a hundred things)."  Friday night we gathered the crew up and headed to PDX for a dinner date with friends. Seven adults, one pre-teen, and six under the age of 8 years old in about 1000 square feet. It was loud for a bit, but we had good food (gluten free pizza!) and spent some quality time with friends.  Saturday morning started early- for some reason Adey is up to her old habits of waking up at the crack-o-dawn- with a trip to the gym. With how busy weekends have been over the last month I couldn't even remember the last time I had been to the gym on a weekend (Gasp!)

At the gym I am trying a new program I found on BodyBuilding.com called Get Swole. I don't even really know what that word means but I like the training. Week 1-4 are full of super sets that completely tear you up. Today, for example:
1st super set: Wide grip pull ups 5 x failure
                     Flat Bench Press    5 x 12
2nd SS:        Incline Bench         5 x 12
                     Seated Row            5 x 12
3rd SS:         Flys                        5 x 12
                     Wide grip pull ups 5 x failure
Dumbbell pull overs                     6 x 12

My back is already sore and it has only been about 20 minutes since I finished this work out.  Anyhow, it is very intense and helping to keep my mind off the fact that my knee has taken me out of the marathon this weekend...

After the we hit up Costco and dropped more money then I was hoping for, but it really is the best place to buy uncured turkey bacon, coconut oil, and toilet paper. Plus I bought a HUGE bag of organic carrots for juicing. Finally it was home to start the cleaning and get the kids to nap.

Jessica spent FOREVER going through the kids' clothes. I think we have enough clothes to outfit an army of small children. We decided our littlest ones do not need any more clothes. (Phew!)  The evening was spend watching the Tooth Fairy with the kids and enjoying some popcorn and then an odd romantic comedy for the adults. I don't even remember the title- it wasn't that great but it was good to hand out with Jessica.  We were up early Sunday, again Adey is back to 6 AM wake ups...took baths and got ready for Church. Adey was able to get her hands on some gold fish while in Sunday school. The teachers watch her so carefully, but she is sneaky. I can just picture what she is thinking in her mind..."as soon as Teacher Mary turns I'm going for it." I once thought maybe she was plotting for world domination- now I know she is plotting for ways to get goldfish while in Sunday school! Well, she seemed to pay a bit of a price for those 3 goldfish- tired, cranky and bloated belly for about 6 hours.  (Her tummy eventually went down).  At dinner she had perked back up and was being hilarious.

At the dinner table she would look at you and then bust up laughing so hard! It was really hard not to completely lose it at the dinner table...needless to say we were all laughing. Miss Adey is turning into quite the class clown. She clearly loves to make people laugh, and it is adorable. I will always laugh with my Adey cakes. Always.  Dinner finished and it was off to bed for the twins. We had planned to spend about an hour going through and organizing our room but Jessica felt like we should check out Devanne's room. Good thing we did. That child has more clothes then I thought was possible. She has a pair of brightly colored skinny jeans for each day of the month. And she has 6 pairs of new shoes. How, some might be asking? Well Jessica and I tend to buy things through out the spring and summer as they are on clearance or we find nearly new stuff at Goodwill. All the things we had found added up to MASSIVE amounts of clothes she has never worn.  (Phew! Again)

By then it was late but we have been addicted to watching private practice so we watched a few of those episodes and then called it quits for the night. All to wake up bright and early for this packed week!

The gold fish incident got me thinking though- it was a good thing she got her hands on them- because we could actually see what happened to her. And we can't expect that she wont ever be exposed or accidentally get a hold of some. It just re-affirms the importance of our decision. 



No comments:

Post a Comment